Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rolling Around

Ever since I was three I have spent my Saturday mornings at Gold Coast Roller Rink I guess you could say I am kind of religious about it. Skating may seem to some people something you might do on a beach boardwalk or for your 10th birthday party, but to me it means a lot more then that. I found myself not being able to commit to things when I was a kid I tried gymnastics, dance, soccer, and swimming. For some reason I would become bored and restless. Skating was different it was one of the first sports I learned and I was just naturally good at it, so for as long as I can remember I have been rolling. There is nothing that makes me feel better then putting on a pair of skates and sliding across the floor to the beat of the music. Corny as it may sound it is something I love to do and feel that if I don't get to do it my week is incomplete.



With a little practice you too could learn how to skate! For many years I have brought my friends in attempts to get them to skate with me, sometimes it was successful other times well they need a little more practice. Over the years skating has allowed me to make long lasting friendships each weekend I am surrounded by others who enjoy doing the same thing that I do.

Nothing puts a bigger smile on my face when I see someone new learning how to skate. Being able to pass on what I have learned and seeing them develop makes me feel as if I have done my job. Whether you have never tried to skate or are an Olympic figure skater it is sport that can be done both inside and outside, all it takes is a little practice and you will be on your way in no time.

Special thanks to Amelia Witcoski from Nova High for being my model!


No comments: